⟵ Back to The Christmas Collection
Flint Silex Blanc 2019
Flint Vineyard

Flint Silex Blanc 2019

Regular price £19.40
/

Our Silex Blanc is a Pinot dominant white wine. It is a blend of Pinot Noir (10%), Chardonnay (30%), Pinot Gris (50%) and Pinot Blanc (10%). Although Pinot Noir is a red grape variety it can be used to make white wines if handled gently to ensure that no colour is extracted from the skins.

The different grape varieties were picked and vinified separately. Most were whole bunch pressed but a small percentage were crushed and de- stemmed at the winery to add texture and flavour. The primary fermentation was completed in stainless steel before transferring the wines to barrels. Our barrels were sourced directly from Pouilly-Fuissé in Burgundy and those used for the Silex had an average age of 4.5 years old.

Once in barrel, 70 % of the wines completed malolactic fermentation (MLF). This was then blended with the other 30 % that had not completed MLF, bringing together two different qualities, the latter being fresher in fruit and acidity and the former being more complex and rounder.

The resulting wine has a delicate floral and apricot nose with hints of toast and spice coming through from the oak. Although drier than the Bacchus, it is softer and more textured with more of the flavour coming from its time in oak. It is drinking well now, pairing nicely with acidic foods, and will also cellar well for up to five years.

No fining agents have been used so the wine is vegan friendly and gluten free.

ALCOHOL: 12.0 % RESIDUAL SUGAR: 1 g/L TITRATABLE ACIDITY: 8.0 g/L

Most of our grocery items are sold loose in the box or in (completely recyclable) paper bags.

If you want to buy one of our stylish reusable containers to store your dry goods, tea or coffee, find them here.

 

Product information and photographs are for general advice and illustrative purposes. From time to time packaging, recipes and ingredients may vary and change and the information on this site may not be as up to date as we would like it to be.


Have you noticed that this information is out of date or inaccurate? If so email us at support@goodery.co.uk with a link to the product and any inaccurate information you've found. We'll fix it ASAP!

Why Goodery?

Support local business

The pandemic is an opportunity to show support for local businesses. Rather than buying from large supermarket chains, let's support small, independent vendors with high ethical standards.

Learn more
Choose organic agriculture

We believe that organic agriculture is the only viable way to sustain human life on earth for the future. No toxic chemicals, just good, healthy soil and happy farmers.

Learn more
Food tastes better with others

We believe that good food tastes better with others. That's why we've created communities passionate about things like organic coffee and more....

Learn more
Zero emissions
Planting native trees in Norfolk

We're working on getting an electric fleet powered by clean energy. In the meantime, we're offsetting emissions by planting native trees in Norfolk to suck carbon out of the air.

Zero waste
Making it easier to do good

Soon you'll be able to buy your entire weekly shop with zero waste. Purchase any item at any frequency. Cancel anytime.


You can re-use or return
clean containers for a refund. Nice one.

You may also like